4.11.2013

Allergies

One of the many nuisances that come with having WHIMS is the constant allergies. I am the type of person who likes to travel often but ends up sick for a few days no matter where I go. I had recently gone home to Lafayette, Louisiana for spring break. I was able to see almost everyone I love and care about. Not to mention it was a great way to get my mind off of the stress I was and still am dealing with here in Texas. It was great to let go and be me again... mostly. Sadly during the entire trip, I had to keep a box of Kleenex and a bottle of Robitussin within a few feet of me.

It drives me crazy that even when I travel to the one place I have spent most of my life, my immune system is still compromised. Like every other normal teenager, I wanted to travel the world. See places like India, Spain, France, and Italy. I wanted to visit Ghana and see where my father spent his childhood. I wanted to walk down the streets he played on as a kid. I wanted to see the house he lived in. Where he made a homemade flash bulb using the wall outlet and shut down the power to the entire neighborhood along with other memories.


No comments:

Post a Comment