7.24.2013

Aaahh! Insurance

What is America without hassles, headaches and unnecessary regulations? If you asked me, I would have to say the biggest headache is health insurance. Can you believe in this day and age with all the medical conditions out there personal health insurance companies can still deny you insurance if you have a preexisting condition? Apparently they can also raise your rate and premium for having an illness. No wonder so many people have no health insurance!

You know what else I have found out? I have to be 19 to get my own health insurance. Until then every company I have talked to has tried to sell me temporary insurance in case I get into an accident or get sick all of a sudden. Umm... I am sick and need insurance to help pay for the medication which so conveniently costs more than my college tuition each month.

In speaking of college, I have looked at their insurance and it would only cover 60% of my medication cost after the 300 dollar premium. Since I really have about 1,000 dollars hanging around to spend each month on medication. I know that's not much and it's pretty good coverage for only around $2000 a year. I guess I'm really just angry at the medical company that makes my medication for making it so expensive.

I guess my stepmom was right. I am a million dollar baby. Too bad I can't spend that money the way I want to. xP

No comments:

Post a Comment