6.15.2013

The Power of Music

Like every other teenager living in the 21st century, music is my life. Although I would have to add that music is the only thing that has kept me from going insane through all of my medical adventures. No matter how unique WHIMS is or how baffled my doctors become, I can always find a song that will make me feel like I'm not alone.

Thanks to Pandora Radio, I have found my official anthem. I have found that one particular song that makes me want to get out of bed every morning and continue with my life. This song brings out the courage and determination that lay deep within me. What song is that you ask? It's called My Body by Young the Giant.

The chorus of My Body, those short few lines drive me to keep going. What is so special about those few words? The chorus goes "My body's sayin no, But I won't quit, Cause I want more, Cause I want more". In these lines I see that yes, my body is my biggest hurdle and sometimes physically doing things seems almost impossible but I can't let that determine my life. I do want more. I want to be able to say that despite my health, I did everything in my power to live a normal life. I want to be able to say that I didn't let my physical hurdles get in the way of what I wanted to do with my life.

This song can mean so many different things. It's incredibly catchy too. Here's the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQYpF2pCkLI

In my opinion, this song can apply to anyone with an immunodeficiency or anyone who has cancer. I also encourage you to listen to their other music. Here's the link to the website too!
http://www.youngthegiant.com/

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment